Friday, February 13, 2009

Hard things, Part 1


A lot of things have been going on this week, and most of them are hard things.

My was-band's Grandpa passed away. Grandpa West was an amazing guy. He was always so full of love and kindness for everyone. He was funny too. All of his daughters have L names and all of his sons have D names. He called me Lynae for a long time and would always explain to me in great detail why he got so confused. He taught me a great lesson when Bailey was blessed. He was the only man on my ex's side of the family to stand in the circle and bless her. He knew it was an important thing for her, it wasn't about B or I and our divorce, or who was wrong or who was right. It was about that tiny little baby. That has always stuck with me.

I learned alot about him today at the funeral that I never knew. I know B mentioned that he was really smart, but I didn't know he had a PhD, and many other educational triumphs under his belt. I also didn't know he had served in the Military. I hope to be able to learn more about him. I just wish I had taken the opportunity to learn it from him personally.

I love him, and even though I don't belong in that family anymore. He never would have let anyone know, He loved me, He loved my girls and I couldn't have asked for a better example.

This has been a hard thing.

4 comments:

Holdinator said...

He sounds like an amazing man. I'm sorry for your loss.

It was good to see you last night. It's been a while.

Rachel said...

What a great man and what a beautiful thing he did for you and your girls. What a fine example. Hopefully someday, his lessons will be learned by those he was obviously trying to teach.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you.

Jess said...

I respect him for standing in on that circle of priesthood holders to bless Bay. That says a lot about him and a lot about the rest of "B's" family.