Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Struggling VS Thriving

I don't really know how to start this. I was watching the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" and there is a scene where they talk about words that define people or places. The only word I could think of to describe me was, Lost. On a particular bad day I was chatting with a friend and he could tell I was down and asked what was bothering me. I told him and he showed me that the things that I was so bothered by were little and that there are so many other harder things that would be harder to deal with. He eventually said " I don't know what your deal is..why you are so down". I've been thinking about that a lot. I think too much. I spend to much time dwelling on the past and the failures that I have had that it brings me down and I walk through an endless abyss of sadness. This is a cycle that I have. I hit MY bottom and then I spend some time climbing back up to survival mode. But I don't want to just live in survival mode anymore. I want to thrive.

I thought school would help, give me something to focus on. In some ways it has, it is definitely a challenge. But there are so many places in ME that are empty. Either because I don't know how to fill them or a person has come into my life and I have allowed them to take that piece with them and leave me with a hole to fill. The Wasband hole is nearly filled again and it is a wonderful feeling.

Anyways. I want to thrive. I want to focus on the good things. One of my favorite sayings is "Your day will go the direction the corners of your mouth turn" So, I am trying to be happy. I am trying to not worry about the thing that I cannot control. I am going to enjoy the little things and stop worrying about the big things. I am going to spend time with my kids and build lasting memories. I am going to eat and if I get fat I am not going to care. I am going to exercise when I feel like it and for the reason that it will be good for me and no other. I am going to cherish the times I am alone. And even more so the times I get to spend with my friends and family. I am going to be me with out worrying about anyone thinks about that.

3 comments:

Jared Jaynes said...

I love that you are figuring things out and that you are finding what makes you happy! You are so awesome and you are so loved! And when you love yourself it makes it easy for others to love you! I am hoping this means we can hang out more especially on Sundays at 11am... ;)

Carrilyne said...

I think that last comment might show up under Jareds user name! But it was from me!

Chastina said...

I'm glad that you are working on your inner happiness!