Sunday, April 05, 2009

Watermelon seeds

My brother and I are planting a garden, we've been allowed by the yard man himself to dig up some grass and make a garden. We went to Home Depot and bought some supplies and seeds to start our garden. They also had these little cups with seeds for kids and since I am a sucker I bought a pumpkin and a watermelon for my girls to grow. They were excited. they had the little pressed pellets of dirt in the cups so I had to put water in them and wait for them to expand before we could plant the seeds in them.

Yesterday Bailey wanted to play outside, so she went out there alone and just played. She came in and informed me that she had planted the watermelon seeds out in the back yard. I laughed and asked her where and she said in the back. I figured she had just planted them in my Dad's flower bed. So I had her go tell my Dad what she did, she was so proud of her self and told him with a beaming smile. My Dad explained to her that it might be too cold and they may not grow, she didn't care she was still just pleased with her self.

Later I was talking to my mom and she told me that she saw Bailey digging in the middle of the lawn and then watering it. So, we may have watermelon growing in the middle of the lawn this year. I am sure she will be so proud if they grow, my Dad ... not so much.


ALSO.. this is my 200th post.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You know, you're right! You just may have watermelon growing in the middle of your yard. When I was a kid I did the same thing except with little flowers which grew for years....in the middle of our yard. :) Even with all of the mowing year after year they'd come back.

Katie Gee said...

Yay! I hope you do get watermelon. It's so good when it's fresh picked!

Anonymous said...

I hope it grows....that would be hilarious!