So once upon a time when I was pregnant with Laira. B and I were talking about how we hoped they had his ankles and my teeth. We went on and on about the things we hoped she got. Then we discussed how sad it would be if one kid got all the bad stuff from both of us. Our kids have been pretty much perfect so far. But today genetics reared its sometimes ugly head.
We went to the Dentist, We love our dentist! he is very kind and I love going to a pediatric specialist because everything is kid friendly. The girls both got X-Rays although Bailey did need a little coaxing. Both sets of films showed they both had some minor cavities. After the Dentist came in and looked at Laira's teeth he said she has a few little ones he would like to take care of so she will have hers done in late January. Then when he looked at Bailey he just kept saying the numbers of teeth to the cute little hygienist. He looked at me and said "Hers are severe enough and she has enough of them that I feel like it would be best to take her to the Surgical center and put her under for these" I have decided that the Dentist will always make you feel like the worst Mom ever. He then told me not to feel bad it just looks like she has very weak enamel on her teeth, and we will have to work harder to keep her teeth healthy. They layered on this this molasses looking fluoride and sent us on our way. We will find out tomorrow what time surgery is on Monday.
So long story short, Bai has B's teeth.
6 comments:
Good heavens!! Bailey and Sam must have the same kind of teeth.
Surgery for cavities...yikes. Poor little tyke! She will do fine -- and you are an AWESOME mom. No one can control teeth enamel.
I blame Connor's febrile seizures and Sam's excessive cavities on C. I'm sure I'll find something of Mariah's to blame on A. as well. (thought I'd like to think that I conceived her on my own....lol)
Dang genetics.
Don't feel like a horrible mommy! Jeremy brushes our kids teeth morning and night and they still have cavities! And he's a dentist!
Cam had to have oral surgery when he was 3!!! No "bugs" no his adult teeth so far tho. I have a story about pediatric dentists I will have to tell you!
Good luck with Bailey on Monday. Let me know if you need anything, I don't have finals until Wed!
I'm glad you found a good dentist for your kids. I was also "blessed" with bad teeth and going to the dentist was torture for me as a child. Luckily I was able to find a good dentist that I love and who doesn't judge! I don't know why they go out of their way sometimes to make you feel bad about something you have no control over. Stupid dentists! Good luck, Bailey!
Last visit Brennan had TEN cavities. The kid brushes AND flosses AND uses prescription fluoride toothpaste. Not a thing you can do if they have weak enamel. Sigh.......Poor Bailey. Tell her Brennan knows how she feels. He was having teeth pulled at her age.
Post a Comment