I love music. I have a quote in my Journal that says:
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
-Berthold Auerbach
-Berthold Auerbach
There are days that I just have to hear certain things to get me through the day, I have my favorites that I could listen to every day and others that I get a hankering for every once in a while. I love music, another quote that I've come across is Music is what feelings sound like. I loved that, because I have always felt that music can convey things that words alone can't always do.
A few minutes ago my iPod shuffled to a Jason Mraz song. As I listened to the words of this love song I was struck, more like punched by my abrupt realization of loneliness. I listen to these love songs and I just crave someone to love. I am overflowing with this love that I just want to give to someone. Its not the kind of love that I can give to my parents, siblings, children or friends. Its a special kind, that is just waiting, fermenting its self to greatness. But alas, there is no one to give this greatness to. I am going to continue to be patient and prayerful.
So for now I will go on listening to all the love songs, adding favorites to my list, and waiting for my someone to sing them to, and share my love with.
A few minutes ago my iPod shuffled to a Jason Mraz song. As I listened to the words of this love song I was struck, more like punched by my abrupt realization of loneliness. I listen to these love songs and I just crave someone to love. I am overflowing with this love that I just want to give to someone. Its not the kind of love that I can give to my parents, siblings, children or friends. Its a special kind, that is just waiting, fermenting its self to greatness. But alas, there is no one to give this greatness to. I am going to continue to be patient and prayerful.
In Gods time, not mine.
So for now I will go on listening to all the love songs, adding favorites to my list, and waiting for my someone to sing them to, and share my love with.
13 comments:
I meant I loved YOUR post!
No when I listen to love songs it reminds me of when Jared and I were dating...
Sometimes I think of movies when I listen to love songs too...
Sometimes I even think of old boyfriends...
But I hardly ever think of the man I am married to right now...
So tonight I am going to be grateful that I do have a warm body to snuggle with at night...
Because you usually dont appreciate somone until there gone.
So I am going to turn on kozy and think away about the love of my life! Thanks denae!
Is that enough comments for you! I so glad you love me!! lol!
I AM so glad I meant!
Such a good post! :) I remember thinking those same things...and being comforted and reassured.
Your day will come. And you will be better for the time you had without someone....perspective is everything. :)
And love songs are awesome.
I too love music. When I am down and my body is hurting soothing quiet music makes it better. I can't imagine my life without music.
Years ago there were some shows on PBS that I just loved. They took families and "sent them back in time" to live for a few months. Every one of them all said they missed music. Music is powerful!
Keep being positive! He's out there somewhere!!
Post a Comment