Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Interview ......................(for Stef)


The interview was interesting. I was surprised at the lack of effort some of the people put forth. I felt very over dressed, I was in a nice suit and looked nice. The men were in shirts and ties and all of the other women were from semi nice to very causal

The other presentations were interesting to say the least.
I did my presentation on the importance of hand washing. the others were as follows:

  • a lady talked about a recipe and brought cookies

  • a lady brought a spinning wheel and wool.. didn't even talk about it.

  • a girl talked about buffalo hunting using sentences like "we seen a buffalo"

  • a girl talked about her mission

  • a guy sang a song while playing his guitar

  • a guy talked about himself

  • a girl talked about her self

  • a girl said I took her presentation, and talked about MRSA (a drug resistant staph infection)

I felt over dressed and over prepared.... I hope I did well. Everyone else had experience working in a care center other than one other girl. So we shall see what happens, I should hear from them by Monday. Keep praying and hopefully I will have a new wonderful job soon. ( and then I can transfer to St.George to go to school if I can get into Dixie) <---that was for you Stef!

Thanks for all the prayers and support. I told my ex about the Dixie plans and he wasn't too happy about it, but he said it was good to be in school. So it sounds like he is supportive so we will see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... that does sound interesting. im sure you were the best by far. good luck!

Denae said...

Stef.. I need your email!

Denae said...

you can email me at saigers@gmail.com if you want

Ginna said...

Sounds like you were probably the best. Good call doing yours on something related to what you're trying to do. And looking nice and professional cold only be a good thing. BEST of luck :)

Megan said...

Good work Nae. It sounds like you're doing awesome!

Gee moma said...

It would be so fun to have you live in St.George. You and your two girls are so beautiful. Dixie is an awesome place to live. School is fun! I am finishing my last 2 classes to get into the LPN to RN program. I have been an LPN for thirty years. Keep up the good work.