
School is ALMOST over. I am very excited to be close to being done. However my plan isn't working out how I planned. I planned to be able to finish my class and get a job at UVRMC and get ready for Nursing school while I worked there, which they would also help pay for. Well everything works except for UVRMC, they are always hiring .. right? Well apparently not for CNA's right now. I looked when I first started school and they had at least 7 openings. I have been looking for the last 3 weeks and they have 0 openings. I looked at the other openings throughout Utah and there are quite a few. So I have a couple of options and choices.
1- Suck it up and work in Utah county in a care center and Wait on the waiting list at UVSC for the Nursing program. Which I don't even know if I can get into.
2- Move to SLC and work for Primary Childrens or one of the other many hospitals in SL county and then to have to wait for the waiting list for Nursing School at every school in SL county which I don't even know I can get into.
3- Move to St George and work in one of the many CNA jobs available and get right in to the Nursing program at Dixie college which my instructor says is a good program. but be 4 hours away from my family and not know anyone down there.
see big choices and changes. Don't know what to do.
8 comments:
You should check out Timpanogos... my dad still works in their nursery on the weekends. You've probably already thought of that though... good luck!
um... the choice sounds easy to me. not know anyone down here? except me and my whole family!! you should totally move to st george. that is my vote.
p.s. it takes 3 1/2 hours max.
haha, it sounds like you are rooting pretty hard for the St.George option!
My vote goes to the Salt Lake City option. Have you looked at private nursing schools? They cost a little more, but are easier to get into.
There is no way that a private nursing school would have financial aid. well atleast I don't think so. I did my clinical today at the hospital and I LOVED it. I can't wait to hopefully get a job at the Hospital.
My Dad is going to "put in a good word for me" he wants me to stay here in Provo. He is so funny.
Good luck Denae!! I hope everything works out for you!!
Post a Comment