My Dad use to make refrigerator stew, that is where he would take everything in the fridge that were leftovers and needed to be used and put it all together in a stew.. sounds delish.. doesn't it..
My brain feels like Stew.. I have alot of things on my mind
1- My Friend Stephanie.
2- My Brother and the Florida Weather
3- My Best friends
4- The dentist
5- Church
6- Work
Every day during the quiet moments when my mind starts to wander my thoughts always turn to Stephanie. Here is an excerpt from her sisters blog :
"I got off the phone with my brave parents in Mesa this evening. They gave me the daily update, Steph had another skin scraping surgery (this time in the facial area mostly) and Christian keeps looking better and better for a burn patient (keeping things in perspective). We have been told that Steph will likely look much different after her healing. That prospect is difficult for me to fully accept. It brings up so many questions I can only solve in due time. But something in my depths knows that it will be beautiful. She will be beautiful because she is beautiful."
It really makes me think, How would I feel to wake up and realize that my life is going to be completely different and have extensive injuries that are going to impede my ability to live the life I am use to. Steph hasn't woken up yet. Who knows if she is even aware of what is going on. I don't know how to fully explaine the ache I feel in my heart for her and for her family. I know that Steph will handle it with grace and dignity, because she is an amazing and beautiful woman, inside and out and she will amaze all of us .. I am sure of it.
Next on the list is my dear missionary brother. He is in Florida. And we all know that its hurricane season there. I have never really payed attention to the hurricanes and I still don't really but I am alot more mindful of them and they places they are effecting. I can easily see it as a great adventure in my brothers eyes. Something new he gets to experience. Although my mom is often tracking the storms ( she is a dork like that) and constantly worried I just have peace that he is safe and always under a much more influential watchful eye than ours. We send our love and prayers his way and know he will be taken care of.
My 2 best friends. I don't even know where to start, We the 3 of us are all at very different stages in life but with some common threads that bind us and have created the most fabulous case of 3muskateeritis I have seen in quite some time. We are there to bear each others burdens, listen and give advice, and just be ourselves with each other. I wouldn't have asked for better people in my life.
I am going to the dentist tomorrow.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
did I mention that I hate the dentist with the fire of a thousand suns? and that its been almost 2 years since I have been and my few achy teeth are telling me that my visit is long over due. Needless to say I am not happy that I am going.
Church- I know I need to go.. I even went and talked to the bishop, we'll see how that progresses.
Work is becoming a headache, I don't know what to do. There are alot of people who want my half shifts, and I want full time but I know if I go full time and its too hard to handle I will never get my half shifts back so I don't know what I should do about that.. and I totally spaced my class on Saturday so I am pretty sure that I have the final on Saturday and I found out that I can't do my externship at the hospital so I am on the hunt for a place to do my externship cause I can't have my phlebotomy license with out having an externship and I can't leave my floor until I have a new position somewhere else. So for now I am staying with the poop. and the wonderful people I work with.
So that my friends is my refrigerator stew of sorts. I hope it was delicious.
6 comments:
My mom used to make those stews! Sometimes they were surprisingly delicious... other times... not so much.
I am glad to know that this state of mind has a name. I think my stew has been sitting too long. My train of thought is starting to stink!
Lots of thoughts dear girlfriend. The mind works in mysterious ways...and solves things that we weren't sure were solvable.
I pray for you every day (in part because Harrison won't let a prayer go without your name in it) that all will work out an that you will know you are loved.
You are likely right about your brother's attitude toward the weather. Whenever we had tornado warnings on my mission all the missionaries considered it a really fantastic adventure to face.
Hopefully, now that you've written out your stew of thoughts, your mind has room to be at peace. After battling depression for so long, I know firsthand that there is always room in life for joy if we can make ourselves see it and focus on it despite the {very real} trials of life. Wishing you peace of mind and happy times!
I read this just a few minutes after you posted it yesterday and I've been stewing over it since then (no pun intended...really) First, my mom use to make that "stew" once a week however we called it GARBAGE SOUP, lol.
Next, Stephanie's accident has affected me so incredibly much. There isn't an hour that doesn't go by that I don't think about her, her eternal companion, her lovely children...not an hour. I'm not sure why it's affected me so deeply, maybe because we actually knew her?! Anyway, thats been stewing in my head too...putting your thoughts out there helped me with some of mine. Thanks Denae :) If I was back in Provo I'd hug ya! :) Hugs!
Third...go to church. You need it, they need you...it's a win-win situation! :)
Post a Comment